Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tang

I would've written a post yesterday, as it's my goal to do a Mon/Wed/Fri schedule on this, but ALAS! I was in the midst of our local grocery store's SUPER DOUBLES marathon and it definately took precedence. For one glorious week, all of my beloved coupons valued at $1.00 - $1.98 are DOUBLED. The savings is enough to make you want to do a happy dance. It was my 2nd trip (as they only allow 20 coupons per person per day) and I had many, many coupons to cash in on. The savings is astounding and I've turned it into my own sort of personal contest (and I do love a good contest) to see how much I can save. To the tune of over $100, I am indeed dancing away at my savings. Whoo hooooo!

So, in celebration (or more of a childhood craving), I made a large pitcher full of Tang and am currently on my 3rd - make that 4th glass of the day. Tang was that special orange sugary beverage reserved only for trips to my grandmother's house. My mother didn't want to have to scrape me off the ceiling each time she made it, so she never bought it. Grandma made it extra Tang-y and delicious by adding more mix than water. I settled back into a brief trip down memory lane while drinking each glass.

Ok, enough of that I bought this Tang to go into a Spiced Tea mix I made at Christmastime and it was a recipe of my mom's that's completely delicious. To prove my point, she was stopped by here the other night and I had a hot mug of it that I'd taken a single sip of. I asked her if she remembered it and wanted to taste it and she handed it back empty. It's that good. This tea mix is great to make in bulk and put in cool containers for friends and teacher gifts. I thought I'd share the recipe so you can enjoy it as well.

Spiced Tea
1/2 cup of instant tea (decaf or regular - you decide)
3/4 cup sugar
7 oz. of Tang
3 oz. lemonade mix (I use Country Time)
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves

Mix all of this together well (sift if you wish - I personally use a whisk).

Use 2-3 teaspoons per mug of hot water and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment