Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm a mom.

My three year old asked for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for breakfast today. I took one look at his face after he finished and we both started giggling. The sandwich was wider than his mouth and I had generously slathered blackberry jam on the bread, so he had 3 inches of purplely deliciousness on either side of his face. Adorably cute and you probably won't appreciate unless you're a parent.

I love being a mom. I strive to be the 'cool mom' the 'involved mom' and the 'over achiever mom'. I'm the room mom for both of my son's classes at school and am currently organizing our annual Teacher Appreciation Week. It's loads of fun and the Event Planner in me gets to go crazy and use my creativity in such a rewarding way. I'm planning a catered lunch, gourmet snack break, fresh flowers from all the students with a parent sponsored breakfast (notice the food theme?) I feel appreciated with food - I don't know about you! More details to come on that exciting week that will unfold March 23-25.

I'm trying to block out of my mind the fact that I have a bag of Lindt Milk Chocolate filled truffles in my pantry. Nevermind that I ate half of them for breakfast yesterday. If I'm going to fit in my Easter dress, I need to block them out of my mind...at least until lunch?

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment