Friday, March 19, 2010

Two Thumbs Up Tortellini!

Last night was utter chaos in my house with a screaming child who is teething and 3 year old with tons of energy who covered our living room floor with all - yes all of his toys. Somehow, in the midst of the madness, I was able to pull off a crab dip appetizer and amazing tortellini salad with chicken for dinner. The crab dip was incorrectly titled "Knock Your Socks Off Crab Dip". My socks weren't on in the first place, but they wouldn't have been knocked off. It was an ok crab dip with cream cheese, blue cheese, white wine, egg and crab. It was baked and served with crackers but I won't be bringing it to a funtion anytime soon. In fact, it's a 'crosser-offer' so I won't fix it again. I'm a firm believer in putting annotations by recipes in my cookbooks so as to avoid hideous repeats.



The tortellini salad was utterly amazing and was a 'fix-againer'. Shredded chicken, cheese filled spinach tortellini, artichoke hearts, goat cheese, fresh spinach, roasted red peppers and a homemade balsamic vinagrette dressing. Sigh, just thinking about the leftovers I have to look forward to for lunch brings a smile to my face.



I have no earthly idea what I'm fixing for dinner tonight, but I am embarking on a bit of a cook-a-thon for the kickoff of Teacher Appreciation Week at school. Tuesday is a catered snack break and I am the self proclaimed caterer, so we'll see what I come up with for that.



Cheers to a good weekend and the start of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment