Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fudge Cake and Salad?

I noticed I've been on a bit of a chocolate theme lately - it probably doesn't help that this morning I ate a piece of chocolate carmel fudge cake for breakfast. I succumbed to the temptation that was yelling at me from my freezer. I froze two pieces of it awhile back and this morning I just couldn't stand it any longer. I swung open that freezer door and popped that fudge cake into the microwave before I could talk myself out of it. I'm now sitting here, content as can be and visiting with all of you.

I never made it to the Crepe Cellar last night - too far of a drive and so I opted for Cheesecake Factory instead. I feel as though one of two things have happened with this food chain. One - either my appetite has grown to that of a behemoth, or Two - the portion sizes (once behemoth themselves) have grown a bit smaller. I'm afraid it's the latter, as I was able to finish the salad and that is virtually unheard of at this establishment. It was a good salad though - the Chopped Salad there includes fun treats like Granny Smith Apples and Avocado. Paint me green and call me Gumby - it was good!

Several of you have asked how I can eat the way I do and still remain slim and trim. Here is my answer: I don't know. It amazes even me. I wonder if it has to do with me running after two small children all the time. I hope my metabolism doesn't play a mean trick on me one day and decide to stop working so well. I'll otherwise be compared to Violet Beauregard and have Oompa Loompas come and roll me out of the house.

I'm finding myself staring at 2 lbs of ground chuck and wondering what it will become for dinner tonight.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment