Friday, April 30, 2010

Peach Tea and Orange Rolls

Happy Friday! I'm currently sitting on my deck, enjoying this warm sunny Spring weather while battling a cold and a serious bout of writers block. I'm supposed to be writing a newsletter, but I hit a big blank pause and felt a muse about food might help things along.

My 3 year old told me drinking iced tea would help me feel better, and golly - he's right! We just mixed up a pitcher of my favorite Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea. I'm enjoying a tall glass of it while he's munching on a blue popsicle. Life is good. The cold is still there, but the writers block might be waning.

I have no weekend plans - nothing. It's an empty slate. Might we go Strawberry picking? Possibly. Might we sleep in tomorrow morning and eat Pillsbury Orange Rolls for breakfast? Likely. I otherwise have no clue what this evening and tomorrow hold. It's rather nice to not have a plan. It doesn't happen often and I'm embracing the freedom.

I'm shocked that tomorrow is May already. Next week is Cinco de Mayo - something fabulous and inspirational will be cooked in my kitchen, and next weekend is Mother's Day - for which I'm still debating cooking versus eating out.

I hope you have a delicious weekend - and I hope my cold goes away so I can actually taste something deliciousl. Back to my Peach Iced Tea, I'll talk to you on Monday. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment