Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Amigos! It's Fiesta Time!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! This is the kind of day that makes you want to put the top down, turn up the mariachi music and slowly sip a limeade as you drive home. Upon walking in the door, the tantalizing aroma of chicken enchiladas will engulf you...you'll sit down and enjoy a family fiesta and the day will be complete.

I'm so excited about tonight's dinner, I can hardly stand it. Mexican is one of my top two favorite food groups. Next to Italian, I could eat it every single day of my life and never tire of this marvelous cuisine. I'm fixing (wild guess here) chicken enchiladas for dinner, with a side of black beans. How I wish I could also delight you with an extraordinary dessert, but alas, I'm still reeling from the Milkshake from Heaven - and we are approaching swimsuit season.

Chips and Salsa and Guacamole are a must for every fiesta, and since I made an amazing layered mexican dip for dinner just last week, I needed to set my sites on a killer chicken enchilada recipe for this week. The black beans will be a new recipe - something quick and snazzy from Allrecipes.com, as I do have choir rehearsal tonight. Time is of the essence and I can't wait for rehearsal to be over so I can rush home and EAT. I can taste it all now and it's making me want to Flamenco dance.

Enjoy your fiesta mi amigo!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Catherine,
    I so enjoyed visiting your blog today! You made my mouth water and gave me a good giggle with you posts. I am a friend of your L & B...from the old Tulsa days! You are a gorgeous young woman now, and I am thrilled to find you here.
    Be blessed,
    Susan
    http://www.count-it-all-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan - thanks for stopping by! :) Glad you enjoy the blog.

    ReplyDelete