Monday, May 3, 2010

The Milkshake from Heaven

I looked in my fridge and came up with nothing more than a dill pickle and some applesauce for lunch. Neither were talking to me, so I opted to go out. My husband and I recently happened upon the most exciting combo deal to hit the south. A local burger chain, CookOut, just opened up near us. For under $5, you can choose a BBQ sandwich, Footlong Hotdog, Double Cheeseburger...etc, with the choice of two sides - Chicken Nuggets, a Corn Dog, French Fries, Onion Rings, Cole Slaw...and a drink. Today, I chose a Double Cheeseburger with a double side of Onion Rings and I did the $1 upgrade to one of 40 delicious creamery style Milkshakes.

I knew what I was getting into with the juicy double Cheeseburger with all the toppings and my mouth was watering as I ordered it. I also knew what I was getting into with the Onion Rings - they aren't award winning, but I was in the mood for some. I did NOT, however, have any concept of how marvelous their hand spun Peanut Butter Fudge Milkshakes were. Before deciding on that particular flavor, out of the list of 40 choices, I needed clarification. If it was Fudge that was Peanut Butter flavored and mixed in, I was not interested. If it was Chocolate Fudge and Peanut Butter that were mixed in - I was shouting from the roof tops!

The girl explained it was a huge scoop of Hot Fudge, and a scoop of Peanut Butter. Could there be anything better? I told her it sounded marvelous and that I had to have one. As I pulled my car around the drive through, the people inside were laughing at my milkshake enthusiasm. I was asked "Are you the Peanut Butter Fudge Milkshake?", with a grin, I admitted yes. We bonded. I'm considering implementing a loyal customer program for them. I'd be the winner from here on out.

Folks, this milkshake is so rich and delicious, it will send you into a euphoric state of bliss. You won't be able to think straight. You have to stop everything you're doing and just drink it down until you're embarrassingly making straw slurping noises as you attempt to get the last drops of fudgey peanut-buttery shakiness.

I believe today, I drank The Milkshake from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment