Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm ready for tomorrow.

It's been one of those days where I wish I could go back to bed and just start over. Ever experience that? The to-do list got scrapped somewhere mid morning and I am now just trying to keep my head above water. No matter how many lists I make, I still run to Walmart daily, start a recipe and realize I'm 4 tablespoons short on butter and discover the hand soap in the bathroom has vaporized. Not to mention the laundry that was under control has mysteriously multiplied and I have no idea how the dishes in the sink got there.

Last night we started rehearsing for our annual Christmas Cantata at church and singing Christmas tunes made me realize I haven't started Christmas shopping yet (whereas last year I was much further in this effort). Those coupons for free anything expired the day after I rediscovered them in the deep recesses of my purse, and the check engine light on my car went from a solid orange to blinking...anything blinking makes me want to lose my mind. I'm hoping it's just an oil change?

On the bright side, I do have unthawed hamburger to make some thing for dinner, but if I don't make it tonight, it will go bad. Let's hope the hubby is up for meatloaf as any shred of culinary creativity was lost in the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I made for the kids' lunch when I discovered the mold hiding on the inside of the raspberry preserves jar. Lord keep them from getting sick please!

I have polished off a rather large bowl of cookies and cream ice cream that I would have gotten for free but I threw away the receipt that I was supposed to submit in the rebate, rendering it useless. No worries, I didn't need to fit into my skinny jeans anyway.

Thank goodness tomorrow is another day. I'm now off to Walmart - I'm sure there are 15 things I need that I didn't realize I'd forgotten until I get back home again.

No recipe today friends, just a plea for some Calgon and a Pause button.

3 comments:

  1. Trust me, everyone has days like this and it will get better. Just start fresh in the morning and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grimmy - I'm thankful for the fresh start of a new day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to write since I saw you at the mall on Sat. You were talking away as you were leaving and we were standing at THE water fountain. Did I seriously see you pass Godiva without stopping!??!?!

    ReplyDelete