Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday - to ME!

This past weekend I celebrated my 30 something-ith birthday and enjoyed every bite! I've received multiple requests to post my celebration meal(s), so here it is!

Friday night we magically had no children (thanks to adoring grandparents) so my gorgeous husband whisked me away to an intimate Italian dinner for two at Toscana. We started with a Cannelinni Bean appetizer and Crusty Italian Bread that I couldn't stop eating...so we got two. Moving on to salads, I opted for something edgy with white balsamic vinaigrette, pears/bacon/gorgonzola and wanted to eat my husband's portobello salad instead. Dinner consisted of handmade pasta - there is SUCH a difference in taste and texture of fresh pasta! Hubby enjoyed ravioli and I had penne with asperagus and proscuitto in a perfect cream sauce. Pure bliss. I left stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey. The night was chilly as we left, so dessert was a Campfire Coffee with white and milk chocolate and toasted marshmallows from Caribou. The perfect ending!

Saturday, I continued my culinary celebration with a lunch at my favorite funky French Bistro - Amelie's. I ignored every calorie as I bit into the world's best chocolate filled eclair after polishing off a roast beef and horseradish baguette. You totally feel like you're eating at an eccletic consignment shop, but the food outweighs the somewhat mismatched French decor.

Dinner was at my request: My mom's world famous pasta and meatballs with garlic bread and salad. I couldn't stop eating it or thanking her for making this divine meal. I'm convinced we'll be eating it in heaven. Too bad I can't share the recipe with you...it's a family secret. The birthday dessert that had everyone singing was a fresh fruit tart - and I've included a fun picture of it as it was almost too pretty to eat.


It was a fabulous weekend and I am blessed by wonderful family and friends to celebrate with. Thanks for all of your well wishes - it was indeed a delicious birthday!

CC

No comments:

Post a Comment