Monday, October 25, 2010

When Mom's Away...

Well good morning to you! I'm sitting here enjoying a mug of Cranberry Cider and reminiscing on my delightful weekend in the mountains. The leaves were changing, the weather was crisp and cool, and I had a wonderful time spent with 300 other ladies from my church. Crazy good fun, but I was also happy to get back home to my boys and hubby!

I discovered what goes on when "mom is away". They ate well - I made sure of that, but there are funny behind the scenes things that took place that left me scratching my head. Instead of changing sheets, a blanket was laid down on the mattress of my son's bed. Apparently it felt more like a 'camp out' - huh? My four year old hadn't had a nap in 3 days (OH Lord). Two cereal boxes are in the pantry with no cereal in them, and a lot, and I mean A LOT of Veggie Tales Gummy candies were consumed. It could definitely be worse. I appreciate the help while I had a few days out of town. I came back refreshed (and with a tiny cold) but that's ok.

This week I am all about pureed foods as I prep for dooms day on Thursday when I am getting all four wisdom teeth pulled. I'm planning on making a massive batch of butternut squash soup and some homemade applesauce, and enjoying many MANY milkshakes. I'll be sure to let you know how that turns out after the laughing gas has worn off.

Oh, and if you're wondering about my cranberry cider...I took half a gallon of cranberry juice and added about 6-8 tablespoons of mulling spices, shook it all up and heat up a mug each morning. A great twist on the traditional mulled hot apple cider.

Have a great day and we'll chat soon!
CC

5 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you on Thursday! I remember when I got my wisdom teeth taken out. lol I think you came by and saw me at my house after I got it done.
    ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bec! I did - I remember that! You wanted to kick me for making you laugh so hard. :) I appreciate your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great being with you this weekend! Are you going to do the roasted squash, apple, onion soup?!?! It is sooo yummy. Let me know how it turns out! I'm on edge of my seat for med. taters. Will be praying for you Thurs. Make sure you have those peas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...wisdom teeth out?? I had no idea. You will be in my prayers! Glad you had fun at The Cove. We went to the mountains with the family...Tweetsie and Grandfather. Had a GREAT time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @HPS - I enjoyed it too! Can't wait 'til next year. My recipe doesn't have the apple...the potato recipe is comin' right up! (And I have broccoli instead of peas...hope it works?! :)

    @Richelle - Thanks for your prayers, I'm not looking forward to it. So glad you had fun at Tweetsie and Grandfather!!!! Want to see pics soon!

    XO,
    C

    ReplyDelete