Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dipitty Do!


Good morning fellow foodies! I promised some appetizers this week and these will surely make you do a happy dance. I love dip. Chips and Dip, Spinach Dip, Mexican Dip, Artichoke Dip, Sausage Dip...shoot, give me a bag of chips and a container of sour cream and I'm happy. Dip is a fun finger food and feels oh-so-party-ish that I pull out various recipes throughout the holidays and go crazy.

I have two newbies to add to my collection and just have to share them. The first comes from water cooler conversation at my husband's office. A lady told him this was indeed fabulous and I have to indeed agree. I was scrambling for everything but the kitchen sink to dip into this recipe - my favorites ended up being Triscuits, toasted Baquette Bread and Grapes (sounds odd but it pairs beutifully with the blue cheese).

Blue Cheese Spread
8 slices of bacon
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese
1/3 c. half and half
2 t. minced garlic (put through your garlic press)
2 t. minced onion
Walnuts or Pecans for garnish


Cook 8 slices of bacon in a skillet and break into small pieces. Drain and cook the garlic and onion for 1-2 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and mix in 1/3 cup half and half. Stir in bacon, garlic, onion, and blue cheese.
Put in 2-3 large ramekins and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
Sprinkle toasted walnuts or pecans on top and serve with sliced french bread, crackers and grapes.


The next recipe comes from yet another work soiree...gotta love lunchtime potlucks. My mom's boss brought this one in and the crowd went wild! We had it over Thanksgiving as one of the mandatory appetizers and it will alas, become a staple. It's got a touch of heat to it, so fasten your seatbelt and grab a box of crackers!

Cream Cheese Jalapeno Dip
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs

Directions
Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeno peppers. Pour/spread mixture into a pie plate sized serving dish. Combine Parmesan and Panko and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until hot and delish! How easy is this?!

My non-mayonnaise eating husband couldn't even tell it was in the mix...and I'm not spilling the beans! Live life on the edge and fix this on a weeknight. Parties aren't only for the weekend.

Have a delicious day! (and thanks foodchannel.com for the photo)
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment