Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Heavenly Hash or Tomato Basil Bisque?

I'm sitting here cuddled up next to a half gallon of Heavenly Hash. Clearly it's 28 degrees outside and I've lost my mind. For some reason I thought it would have a ribbon of marshmallow flowing through it and they scammed me with vanilla instead, but who am I to descriminate against this flavor...it's not the ice cream's fault they forgot the marshmallow, right?

I'm in the midst writing the narration for my church's Christmas program coming up this weekend - a tall order that has me sitting here feeling very small and inadequate. Words can bring life, hope and encouragement and I want to get it right. Pray for me, okay?

Boy did I hear about it yesterday by not posting the Tomato Basil Bisque recipe. Shewwwweee! I have included it today for all of you just waiting to pelt my home with inflatable snowmen and candy canes. This recipe will take away the winter chill in no time.



CC's Tomato Basil Bisque
2 cups chicken broth (Or throw 2 chicken buillon cubes in 2 c. of water if you're in a bind)
1 32oz. can of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 oz. cream cheese (you read it right!)
4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 T. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 a small can of tomato paste
Salt and Pepper and a dash or two of Italian Seasonings to taste
1 teaspoon or two of sugar if you feel it needs it (taste it first though!)

Bring your chicken broth, wine and garlic to a boil. Add in the entire can of diced tomatoes, chopped up basil leaves, olive oil and tomato paste. Season with salt, pepper and italian seasonings. Whisk in the cream cheese last (immersion blenders of which I do not have come in very handy for this...you should see me with my poor little battery operated frothing whisk!). Garnish each bowl of soup with some fresh basil and serve with a grilled cheese. Delightful and Delicious!

Note: this is a chunky soup since it has diced tomatoes in it. Feel free to put the tomatoes in your blender if you want a smoother soup...I personally like the heartiness of a diced tomato. (Thank you tomatosouprecipe.net for the photo!)

Stay warm out there and have a delicious day!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment