Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I love cookies.

Last night's dinner was going to be something miraculous with chicken. Seeing how the chicken was still frozen at 5:30 and I still needed to buy a book for the Preschool Christmas Party Book Exchange today, return $33 of nuts I didn't need (long story), and pull together all the teacher's Christmas gifts because there might be snow tomorrow, dinner miraculously turned into a swing through the drive through of Taco Bell. C'mon Mexican Pizza with a Hard Taco Supreme!

I currently have "Perfectly Pulled Pork" cooking for dinner and the jury is still out on how that will taste. A 6 pound Boston Butt was massaged with a homemade dry rub and it's basking in the warmth of my slow cooker. It's a new recipe as my last one was nothing short of a disaster. We might be gracing Taco Bell again tonight! Keep your fingers crossed.

I have some fun things I'm pulling off the back burner that I'm quite excited about. There is a Christmas Party I'm hosting with a snazzy Italian Theme, so stay tuned on those menu items - as well as the Ballantyne Hotel Cookie and Cupcake Challenge. I placed second on my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe last year and I can't wait to return and compete again! I'm going to let you in on a little secret or two...for my Christmas shindig, I've asked guests to bring non-perishable food items to be donated to my church's foodbank. It takes the pressure off them to cook a dish and it ends up feeding people who really need it! My other secret? My cookie recipe! This might be my favorite ever - I get rave reviews from friends and family and a 2nd place win is a nice little perk too. Here's a shot of last year's competition - it felt very Food Network-ish!



Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c butter, softened
1 c chunky peanut butter
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c sugar
1 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2.5 cups all purpose flour
2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 t. vanilla extract

Beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with mixer until creamy. Gradually add in sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beat well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips by hand.

Cover and chill for 2 hours. Shape into 1 -2 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes. This will make about 6 dozen.

Enjoy!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment