Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Any Excuse Will Do!


I host a few parties throughout the year and one involves a canned food drive. I started this two years ago for several reasons, the first being that I am a control freak in the kitchen. I also recognize guests breath a sigh of relief when they don't have to come bearing a casserole or store bought cake. So in my invite, I ask them to bring canned food items for our church's foodbank. It serves hungry families and might be one of the coolest ways to get out of bringing a casserole EVER! My guest love it and it's a no pressure project.

You can bring one can or a case...and they all just find a corner of the kitchen or around the Christmas tree and drop off the food with no further ado. I collected all of this past year's items and snapped a photo to help encourage you to perhaps adopt a similar project. People aren't just hungry in December when a bulk of food drives take place. You can conduct your own food drive at any function throughout the year!

Thanks to all of my guests (you know who you are) who contributed to this drive - we helped feed some needy families and that is better than the tastiest of casseroles.

Any excuse will do!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment