Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

My beautiful Christmas tree is now camping out curbside and the decorations have been boxed away for the year. I'm still clinging to my Christmas dishes as I can't quite bid everything adieu just yet. I had a delicious holiday - wonderful time spent with family and amazing food at every turn.

I took time to breathe and enjoy Christmas through the eyes of an 18 month old and a 4 year old. One of my favorite moments came the morning after Christmas when my four year old came running into our room at the crack of dawn yelling "YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS! IT SNOWED OUTSIDE!!!" He immediately began donning sledding attire over his jammies and could barely contain his excitement. I captured memories on film and video and etched them into my memory for good measure. There's nothing like a baby in red gingerbread man pajamas, laughing while opening presents.

I've been blessed with life and health and a loving family. I have a good job, a wonderful church, amazing friends. I lack nothing - there is a roof over my head, clothes in my closet, food in my refrigerator and a husband who loves me despite my many shortcomings. Best of all, I have Jesus in my heart. I couldn't ask for more.

Over my Christmas vacation, while enroute to Chuck E. Cheese's, I told my husband of my New Year's Resolutions. I have 3.

1. To read my Bible more. You can never spend enough time reading or praying!
2. To actually use my Zumba DVDs that have until this point, merely collected dust.
3. To take The Musing Foodie blog to the next level.

I started this blog on a whim in 2010 and it's grown more than I imagined. Never did I think more than my parents and co-worker Larry woud read this! I cannot thank you enough for reading my posts, trying my recipes and encouraging me along the way. It's been so much fun and I look forward to more delicious excitment in the year to come! The thrill of an empty pyrex dish - just waiting to be filled!

I have a few things up my sleeve that will unfold in the months to come, so stay tuned and be sure to lend me your feedback. I have a plethora of new recipes to share (sans the homemade rolls that turned into rocks last week), giveaways to give and a few other fun adventures just waiting in the wings. I can't wait to cook it all up and serve it in true Musing Foodie style.

Cheers to a tasty 2011!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment