Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Is it a Pie or a Giant Cookie?


I received several new cookbooks as gifts over Christmas and the one I was drawn to first was 'Best Loved Hershey's Sweet and Sensational Cakes, Pies, Brownies, Holiday Treats and more!' - why on earth I would be so drawn, I can't fathom it either. Perhaps it was the mouth watering picture of chocolate mocha cheesecake on the cover. I'm not sure, but I started drooling the second I unwrapped this gift.

Flipping through the book, I decided to make something tasty for New Year's Eve. I often times I put so much effort into the appetizers and main meal, that dessert is left to fend for itself - but this recipe changed all that! I adapted the Reece's Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie on page 48 and we all swooned over it. Swoon, Ha!

So here is what you need, and how to put it all together so you can swoon too:

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 cups Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, coarsley chopped
1 c. chopped pecans
3/4 c. chocolate chips - divided
1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
Vanilla Ice Cream

Directions:
Beat butter in a bowl and incorporate the eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and sugar and add that to your butter mixture. Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups and pecans.



Now, put your pie crust in a 9 inch pie plate and sprinkle half of your chocolate chips (eating a few for good measure). Pour the batter mixture on top of this and smooth it out with a spatula, sprinkling the remaining chocolate chips on top (eating a few more if you need to).



Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool for about an hour (if you can stand waiting that long). Serve this warm with vanilla ice cream. It's fabulous!

Have a delicious day!
CC

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm just now reading this (doing my catch-up on ones I've missed).
    I literally had to swallow several times...my mouth is watering at this. WOWZA. -Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena- it ROCKS. Love it - you have to fix it!!

    ReplyDelete