Thursday, February 17, 2011

I love weird food.


So, I have a confession. I make this Beer Cheese Soup that is knock-your-socks-off fabulous. I love it, my family loves it...everyone I've ever fixed it for loves it. It's a rather funny sight when I go to purchase the ingredients though...I'm not a drinker and all I need is one cup of beer for the recipe (for which the alcohol gets cooked off in the process). I'm convinced I'm going to run into someone from church when I am buying the lone can of beer. Convinced. So I hide it under the Velveeta and pray no one runs into me and thinks me a closet alcoholic.

I made my amazing soup for some girlfriends one night and one of them exlaimed with glee that it tasted like a cheese sauce on her favorite sandwich called the Horse Shoe that she has only been able to find in Illinois. Random. So now that we solved the mystery to her cheese sauce wonderment, we set a date for Horse Shoe night.

I was a bit perplexed at the conglomeration of ingredients, but trust her taste so we made them. Picture a thick slice of Texas Toast (Oh how I love Texas Toast). Then picture a thin grilled hamburger sitting on top of the toast. Now feast your vision on French Fries - a mountain of them, perfectly perched atop the beef. Now pour an unhealthy amount of the beer cheese soup on top and you have a Horse Shoe.

Words were not spoken for the first 5 minutes of the meal as the crowd deliberated and chowed down with the final verdict of these crazy open faced weird burger sandwiches being a hit! Two thumbs up - they are fixer againers!

Jaci - this is your moment of Horse Shoe Fame - bask in the glory. :)

Have a delicious day!
CC

5 comments:

  1. I love this, and yes weirdly, it looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like weird food too! Nick makes the weirdest foods and sometimes they are delicious and sometimes they are anything but.

    On another note, we went to The Burger Company on Morehead this weekend and it was delicious. We got an order of fried pickles so I decided to top my pimento cheese burger with them. That should definitely be a menu staple. You should try it. Very kid friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Britt - we haven't been there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol at the beer thing. We are non drinkers too, and I hate when recipes call for it! I bet you looked around nervously when the cashier scanned it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - I was Donna! I had my recipe and excuse all lined up for anyone daring to judge. :)

    ReplyDelete