Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Dinner

As I found myself hiding in the pantry and munching on white chocolate truffles, I remembered I had many requests for what my Easter meal was this past weekend. Popping one more truffle, I waddle to the computer and am here to answer that request.

What a wonderful weekend! Lots of family time, a test drive with a car salesman I wanted to have the ground swallow whole and never hear from again, more family time, delicious food, egg hunts, ice cream cake and most importantly - remembering the Cross, the EMPTY Tomb and the wonderful gift of Salvation. Church was so good on Sunday, I'm surprised Jesus didn't come back during the Hallelujah Chorus.

Friday night my parents joined us for dinner and I pulled out all the stops - white table cloth (never mind that I don't iron, the plates hide the fold wrinkles - sort of) the China (that only gets used once, maybe twice a year), fresh flowers as a centerpiece and a crazy gourmet menu that received rave reviews.



We started with an Artichoke Dip and Whole Wheat Crackers. Not your ordinary Artichoke Dip - this was a kicked up version with Green Chilis. Yum.



For the main dish, I fixed Red Snapper and Shrimp in a Champagne Sauce. Ho-hum, I hadn't fixed it before - despite the recipe sounding amazing. I won't fix it again, it was good but not pa-zazzy enough for me, so I didn't take a picture.

Side items included an ultra amazing Brie and Carmelized Onion Tart with a Fig Glaze. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! Show Stopping fabulous. Of course we had rolls and butter to sop up all the goodness.



Then there was the ridiculous Cleopatra Salad with Grapes and Blue cheese and homemade Croutons and a dressing that makes you want to lose control and lick the bowl. I could have just eaten the salad and nothing else and died a happy woman. I'm glad to still be alive, but wow is this a good salad.



Dessert was tough for me. I couldn't decide on just one, so I made two! A cherry and pineapple cobbler, which made my husband ever so happy since he is a lover of fruit desserts. Then I made a Black and White Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake. It was so rich and decadent, you can't eat it all - you THINK you can, but seriously can't. I've tried. Four Times.



And that, my friends, was our "Easter Meal" as we actually ate out on Easter Sunday, followed by an egg hunt and Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake (have you tried the Praline Ice Cream Cake? Oh gracious!!!).

Have a delicious day and we'll chat soon!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment