Friday, April 29, 2011

When Prince Charming's on a Business Trip...

It's been a long, whirlwind of a week and I can't be more pleased that it's Friday. My husband's plane touches down in a little over an hour and I can't wait to see my very own Prince Charming after a week long business trip.

I find that when he's away, I tend to eat bizarre foods and odd times and consider it nutritionally sound. I justify it because of being solo with my two young boys and yearning for the extra set of hands to help out.

I was stressed beyond measure earlier this week when I had to spend 4 hours on the phone with non-english speaking tech people to get my work laptop fixed. The language barrier sent me right to the refrigerator for a Whoopie Pie for breakfast.



After one tech guy got mad and literally hung up on me, I shot like a cannon to the freezer and enjoyed a bowl of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream for lunch. It was deserved, trust me.



After having a sick child one night and cleaning up after him, I was awakened 2 hours later by the other one who accidentally wet the bed. After getting him all set, I was woken up an hour after that to a thunderstorm and our dog going bezerk. Let's just imagine the food choices the next day. I believe I was sustained by Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs and Snapple Peach Iced Tea.

Dinners for my boys have been the most manufactured, easy way out a mother could ever take: Tyson's Chicken Nuggets, Stouffer's Mac 'n Cheese, Taco Bell and Burger King. I was so tired when going through the drive through at Burger King last night that I literally forgot to get my son's burger and fries. How does that happen? I embarrassingly turned around and drove back and got the food. Sigh.

Last night I splurged and got sushi for myself. It was so pretty, I had to take a picture.



Clearly my husband can't get home fast enough - we're ordering PIZZA for dinner. :)

Congratulations to Donna for winning the Debbie Myer Green Bags Giveaway! Donna, tomatoes are one of my all time favorite garden staples in the summertime too.

Have a delicious weekend everyone! Perhaps next week I'll reintroduce myself to my kitchen.
CC

6 comments:

  1. What??!! I never win anything! Thanks! I'm LOL at the food this week. Now I don't feel so bad. When Roy travels we eats LOTS of cereal!
    -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'll bring it to soccer tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's that sushi from?!? Me love sushi! Also, for Easter, my mom gave us a whoopie pie baking pan! Do you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! New Zealand Cafe. OOooo! I don't - I pipe them by hand. Very cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of New Zealand Cafe. Is it close enough we can go there for our raincheck? They have them at Williams Sonoma. Would be a very fitting giveaway for the Whoopie lovin' Musing Foodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's in a Shopping Center off of Sardis Rd. North. Good to know on W. Sonoma! ;)

    ReplyDelete