Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cupcake Mania


Well did you have a good Mother's Day weekend? Mine was so full and fun, I want to do it all over again. We tend to make a weekend out of celebrations like this and I lived it up.

In the midst of cookouts and presents and soccer practice and a birthday party, I managed to help host a bridal shower where I was somehow put in charge of the food. I don't know how these things happen.



We were anticipating about 75 guests and I thought it would be hip and cool to bake cupcakes for the dessert. Strawberry cake, yellow cake, chocolate cake - swirly delicious icing and a fun personalized chocolate "W" in honor of the bride's new last name.



I was pleased with the outcome. Aren't they fun?!



I'm now all about cupcakes. And icing. And chocolate letters. I think I'm adding this to the catering menu. Ahem, June 1 launch date! Whooo hoooooooooooooooooo!

Have a delicious day and we'll chat soon!
CC

8 comments:

  1. When are you going to spill details about the catering menu??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I guess I was just hoping for a taste of what's to come. Pun intended :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I'll take a strawberry cupcake, please. They look great! I bet your hand was tired from icing all of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you might need to make sure all those items on the menu taste OK before you declare them for all the word to hear! We promise to be reallll honest (even though I'm full of complete trust in your judgment). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - I can assure you they all will have been thoroughly taste tested for utter deliciousness prior to the launch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look delish!!!

    ReplyDelete