Thursday, May 5, 2011

Enchiladas and Meatball Subs

Happy Cinco de Mayo Friends! It's grand day in the Carolinas and I want to extend a warm welcome to all of you visiting my corner of the world as a result of my guest post on The Carolina Clipper. That clipper and I have been friends for a long time and I am honored she'd allow me to go mainstream and share a few thoughts on fix 'n freezes.

Today is the perfect excuse to fix Mexican food - and I have a fabulous meal planned for the family. You've read before about my Chicken Enchiladas. Tonight I'm giving them a swift kick in the pants by adding a jalapeno sour cream sauce that will make you swoon. I'm also attempting chalupas for the first time so stay tuned for riveting details on our fiesta!

Going to an opposite culinary extreme in taste and heritage, I simply have to share with you a fabulous dinner I made as a result of a recent Fix 'n Freeze meal. One of my freezing groupies made outstanding Meatballs in a Marinara Sauce. I thawed them in the crockpot and decided to make open faced Meatball subs out of them.

Taking a loaf of Italian bread, I alotted two pieces per person and dipped the cut slices in melted butter infused with a minced garlic clove. Sprinkling some parmesan cheese on top and baking for 5ish minutes creates garlic bread from Heaven above.



Being the carnivorous meat eaters we are, I placed 4 hearty meatballs on top of each pair of garlic bread slices and topped with additional parmesan cheese. A delicious meal that from start to finish, took me less than 10 minutes to make and serve. The family raved and I am a happy camper. Consider me the #1 fan of Fix and Freeze's. (Thanks Donna for the delicious meatballs!)




I'm off to vacuum up about a 1000 lentils that were spilled on the floor while my husband was watching the boys this morning so I could sing at the National Day of Prayer breakfast. I'm sure there's a story behind this...

Have a delicious day and we'll chat soon!
CC

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout! Glad you liked the meatballs. Your little concoction sounds good, too!! LOL about the lentils:)

    ReplyDelete