Thursday, May 12, 2011

Enchiladas with Attitude.


My Cinco de Mayo fiesta was bumped to Seis de Mayo as we forgot my husband had a work dinner to attend. As it also turns out, one of my bestest friends was helping me shake and bake for last weekend's bridal shower, so she got to join in the fiesta fun of my kicked up Chicken Enchiladas.

I've serenaded you with the enchilada madness before, so the basic recipe is the same, only you add this incredible sour cream jalapeno sauce before baking. What emerges from your oven is nothing short of a Mexican Miracle. Seriously. This sauce will make you swoon. Don't let the jalapeno scare you off - it's not hot, you won't grow hair on your chest, you won't have to put out tongue fires with a gallon of water. It's a delicious add that has me craving more more more!

You start with 1/4 cup of butter and melt it in a saucepan. Add in 1/4 cup of flour and whisk until it's nice and smooth. Add in 2 cups of chicken broth. Stir constantly until it's a thick consistency and starting to bubble.



Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in 8 ounces of sour cream.



And 2 jalapeno peppers (from a jar) that you have sliced and diced, which equates to 4-5 Tablespoons worth.



Pour half of the sour creamy deliciousness into a pyrex pan, add in the lovely row of chicken enchiladas and top it all off with the remaining sauce.



Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Top with additional shredded cheddar if you need it and prepare to have your socks knocked off. It's amazing. It's delicious. It's so good you need to stop reading, head to the store and buy the ingredients to fix this right now.



Have a delicious day!
CC

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, DELICIOUS!!!!!! SO happy I could partake. :)
    -Rena

    ReplyDelete