Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Monster Cookies!


First of all, I have to tell you how excited I am about launching the catering aspect of The Musing Foodie. The final touches are being placed on the menu and it is going to be DELICIOUS! I so appreciate the many votes of confidence and the requests for this in the first place, to take me to this exciting new step. June 1 is right around the corner!

I've been on a cookie craving lately and came across a recipe I'd snipped out of the newspaper years ago. I adapted it for my means and enjoyed baking these delicious treats last night with my 4 year old son. He was thrilled to be involved and really did a great job, if I may say so myself.

The title of Monster Cookies doesn't adequately describle these. I might rename them "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" but it's not quite as catchy. I was thrilled to use up the plethora of candy that seems to multiply in my pantry, much to the chagrin of my thighs.

Without further ado, I present Monster Cookies...(thanks C. Gomez!)

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. granulated white sugar
1 t. Karo syrup
2 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
2 c. peanut butter
4 1/2 c. quick oats
6 oz. chocolate chips
6 oz. m&m's
6 oz. reece's pieces

Cream together the butter and the two sugars. Add eggs, Karo syrup, baking soda, vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Add oats and mix well. Add chocolate chips, m&m's and reeces pieces, stirring them in by hand.

It will look like a big bowl of this:



Drop rounded teaspoonsful on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Depending on how generous you are on your teaspoonsful of dough that you plop on the cookie sheet, this will make approximately 2 1/2 to 3 dozen cookies.



Have a delicious day!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment