Monday, June 20, 2011

Goat Cheese and Artichoke Spread


This weekend was filled with Father's Day Celebrations and on Saturday I fixed a feast to honor my dad and husband. The menu was a huge success!

Goat Cheese and Artichoke Spread with Whole Wheat Crackers started us off on the right foot. Goat cheese was an acquired taste for me, but now that I've acquired it, I can't eat enough of it. I dream about it, crave it, try to incorporate it wherever I can when cooking. Love Goat Cheese.

Moving on to Shrimp and Steak Kabobs with Zuchinni, Grape Tomatoes and Mushrooms, Sutton Rice and a mouth watering Tomato Basil Tart (it's on my catering menu and worth every penny!) the entree was met with requests for 2nds, 3rds and 4ths. Dessert was individual flourless chocolate tartes that clung with a death grip to the sides of my ramekins but melted in your mouth once you got it there. Simply amazing. I'm still dreaming of it.

The Goat Cheese and Artichoke Spread was so delicious, I could've made a meal out of it and literally only took 5 minutes to prepare. I wasn't even hardly able to get a decent picture of it before it was eaten to smithereens!

So here's what you need to replicate this show stopper of an appetizer: (Thanks to Emeril Lagasse for the inspiration for this recipe that I tweaked. A lot.).
1 can of artichoke hearts, drained
1 large log of goat cheese
2 T. olive oil
2 t. lemon juice
3/4 t. minced garlic
1 t. parsley
2 T. minced fresh basil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. Cayenne pepper
Crackers - I used Triscuits, but would recommend baguette bread for this too.

In a food processor, combine all of the above ingredients but the crackers. Process until smooth and creamy. Place in a nonreactive bowl (ie stay away from metal!) and refrigerate until ready to serve with your favorite cracker.




How easy, amazing and delicious is that?

Enjoy!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment