Monday, July 18, 2011

Eating my way through Summer - one Tomato at a time.



I wake up each day drooling - already anticipating what I'm going to eat for lunch. It's almost embarrassing. I don't know what I'm going to survive on once tomato season is over. Each day holds a spectactular fresh tomato sandwich that is almost too easy to post about, but too delicious not to share.

I start with two slices of wheat bread and EXTRA sharp cheddar cheese. It all gets toasted so that the cheese is a thick layer of melted goodness. Once I pull it out of the toaster oven, I generously slather mayonnaise on the other slice of naked bread. Ha! Naked bread.



From there, I slice a tomato - not just any tomato, mind you. It's a fresh home grown beauty from my father in law's garden. Every time he gives me a bag of lucious perfectly grown tomatoes I secretly wish for a backyard that will have optimal light in which to grow my own someday. Hey - a girl's gotta have dreams!

I place the thick slices of the most perfect tomatoes on my sandwich, sprinkle them with salt and pepper and gaze at the best sandwich on earth.



THAT is how I'm eating my way through summertime...one delicious tomato at a time.

Have a delicious day friends!
CC

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Love tomato sandwiches, minus the mayo, though:). Good luck with your tomato caterpillar!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete