Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Melt, Spill and POP!


So, there I was, meandering through Food Lion for a few items, when I am given a coupon for a free two liter soft drink. Marvelous! I don't drink soft drinks, but it'll be a fun add to our church food bank. I pay for my groceries, head for the hills and decide to leave the 2 liter in the backseat of the car. Mistake.

Fast forward to that evening, we head to my parents for dinner and I end up coming home with a random open can of olives...it's precariously sitting with a few other items in the floorboard of my husband's car and then he has to hit the brakes. Ugh. Olive juice spills EVERYWHERE. We now have a black olive juice soaking the passenger side of the car. He puts the kids to bed, I opt for clean up duty and proceed to get eaten alive by mosquitos in the process.

Have I mentioned it's 102 degrees outside? Oh yes, 102. I'm in the garage sweating to death while cleaning up olive juice. It's not a pretty picture.

Fast forward to the next morning. I leave for choir practice with my mosquito bitten arms and legs and decide to take my four year old. I go to move the soft drink out of the way for him to sit down and lo and behold...the container of BUTTER I bought the day before is now a melted mess! All four sticks. All two dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax. The grocery bagger bagged the butter with the soft drink and I didn't realize it until now. It's oozed all over the drink, the bag and my car. Am I two for two in 102 degree weather or what? Big sigh, semi-quick cleanup and I'm on my way.

The plus in all of this is the most divine little fudgepop that I could possibly place in my mouth. One of my bestest friends placed a heafty catering order and one of the items I fixed: Brownie Pops. I must fix these for birthdays, showers, weddings, yard sales and random Tuesday afternoons for the rest of my life - they are AMAZING.

Fudge Brownie. Put it on a stick. Cover it in chocolate. Pure perfection.




Have a non-messy day - check your back seat for butter and please avoid spilling your olives.
CC

2 comments:

  1. HaHa.Careful not to leave the figs in your car. Oh, and there was a 2 liter of Pepsi in your back seat that I hope you didn't forget to drop off at the Food Bank so it didnt explode too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS-cute pops are RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete