Thursday, August 11, 2011

I Scream for Ice Cream!


It's hot outside and believe it or not, the egg I just broke on the side walk literally fried. That constitutes a free pass to the nearest ice cream parlor - who's with me?

I recently explored party options at Ben & Jerry's and am beyond pleased to share my findings. Here in the Queen City, you can have a child's birthday party at a Ben & Jerry's location for $225. It includes lots of fun and frivolity and if you have a summertime birthday, you're child will be the coolest kid on the block. I had a playgroup that desperately needed a cool indoor activity. So at the prompting of a friend, I contacted Ben & Jerry's to see what they could do to help me out.



Let me just applaud the fantastic manager, Anya, and her staff at the Ben & Jerry's at the Arboretum in South Charlotte. She opened the store early - just for my clan, gave us each ice cream cones to set the mood, had color sheets and toys readily available to help get the initial wiggles out and then the fun took off like wildfire.



A news team happened to be nearby and they capitalized on the cuteness of the kiddos, granting chocolate ice cream smiles on the 6pm news! Anya took the kids on a tour behind the counter and into the 'cool' freezer.



As we meandered past the pints of frozen deliciousness, we ended up outside for some sycadellic sillyness where each child donned plastic gloves and made tie-dyed t-shirts! They were gracious enough to put extra t-shirts on the younger t-shirt makers.



As if there could possibly be room for more fun, it was back inside for one more scoop of Cherry Garcia before heading home. All that and they were willing to work with some budget minded moms who needed a cool place to enjoy a play date.



I hold my waffle cone of Chunky Monkey high and give Ben & Jerry's a two thumbs up for their wonderful ice cream experience. Consider ice cream for your next party/outing and you won't be dissappoited.

Have a delicious afternoon!
CC

2 comments:

  1. That was a fun day. Ben and Jerry's really knows hot to throw a party, big or small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun day indeed and how bout the news peeps to make it all the more exciting for a group of moms....er,I mean kids?!?!? Sad that R couldn't make it but thanks for taking over the reigns, CC!

    ReplyDelete