Friday, September 9, 2011

Best Sweet Potato Casserole in the Universe


With Fall approaching and me looking forward to wearing sweaters, jeans, knee boots and preparing endless crockpots of chili, my mind has also wandered to the holidays. I like to switch up the sides I fix to keep things interesting, so I start now by experimenting with a few to see if they are Thanksgiving and Christmas worthy.

I hit the jackpot with this sweet potato casserole recipe from Kraft. It's by far the best one I've ever had, surpasses those that taste like wallpaper paste that I've made in the past, and by golly, I think I have stumbled upon the ultimate sweet potato fixer againer!

Fasten your seatbelts folks, this is amazing!

What You Need
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 can (40 oz.) cut sweet potatoes, drained
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
2/3 cup craisins
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1/3 cup cold butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped Pecans

HEAT oven to 350°F.

BEAT cream cheese, potatoes, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon with mixer until well blended. Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole



Top with the chopped apples and craisins. Oh, this is such a party!



MIX flour, oats and remaining sugar in medium bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle over fruit.




BAKE 35 to 40 min. or until heated through.

WATCH as your family devours it and your children and husband ask for seconds.




Have a delicious weekend and don't forget to go church on Sunday!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment