Friday, September 16, 2011

Maple & Blue Cheese Steak



I have to admit, one look at the picture in my husband's taste of home grilling magazine had me drooling and pulling ingredients as fast as I could to fix this. Since it was a steak recipe, I knew it would be a hit with my meat loving husband and sons. Since it involved blue cheese and a balsamic reduction, it had me at hello.

Ingredients
6 T balsamic vinegar
6 T maple syrup (I used pancake syrup)
3 1/2 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 t. dried Thyme
1 pound sirloin steak
4-5 T. chopped pecans
1 T. olive oil
1/8 t. each of salt and pepper
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese


In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and thyme.



Take your sirloin and stab it a few times with a knife to allow the marinade to get in and really flavor up the meat.

Pour the marinade over the meat and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.



Saute your pecans in the olive oil until toasted and set aside.


Now, head out to your grill and attempt to refrain from burning off your eyebrows by setting the heat to medium low.

Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper and grill the meat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. I like my steak cooked medium so there is a nice pink on the inside.



Place the leftover marinade in a saucepan and bring it to a boil, cooking until it has reduced by half, which takes about 2 minutes.

Slice your meat and drizzle each portion with the plate licking sauce, pecans and blue cheese.



It's divine I tell you. Divine.

Have a delicious weekend, enjoy this fall weather and don't forget to go to church on Sunday!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment