Monday, October 17, 2011

No Bake Granola Bars


I had a bit of a bake-a-thon this weekend and made a few new must-trys that have turned into a huge hit in my home. We are granola bar fanatics. Before the gym, part of lunches, afternoon snacks, grocery store 'save the days' during a 2 year old meltdown. They are an integral part of our life, we eat them by the dozens.

Well step aside Nature Valley, Quaker and the like - I'm making my own now! You most likely have these ingredients in your house, so the cost savings is phenomenal and they are not chock full of preservatives, and taste great! The best part - they are ridiculously easy to make. Need I say more? Go scour your pantry and make these with me...ready?

No Bake Granola Bars
2 1/2 c. Rice Krispys
1 1/2 c. oats
1 c. mixed nuts (roughly chopped)
3/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. brown sugar
Craisins & Chocolate Chips optional

First, take a large sheet of foil and line a 8x8 square pan.



Then, combine the Rice Krispys, oats, nuts and your optionl Craisins or Chocolate Chips (I used a handful of Craisins, as I like something chewy).



Next, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar and honey in a microwave safe bowl.



Don't skimp on these proportions or you will have a crumbly mess that won't cut into neat bars (not that I have any idea about this whatsoever). Microwave these ingredients for a minute and stir to combine.



Pour this peanut butter mixture over your dry ingredients and stir to coat well.





Next, pour this into your foil lined pan and press it down nice and compact. If it's not pressed enough, it once again will not cut into neat bars. Let this cool.



Once cool, lift the foil out and peel it back, slice into bars and individually wrap for tasty treats that will disappear quickly.




Enjoy!
CC

4 comments:

  1. Love this! Sloan loves granola bars. I will definitely be making this once my cooking boycott is over (aka, until we sell our house).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Britt! I hope Sloan enjoys them and that you are able to sell quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to try this! Need a healthy snack to curb my 3 year olds tantrums :) Thanks so much for the Fall Swap gifts, LOVED THEM got them yesterday and blogged about them last night, sent the link to Denise to post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Noelle! I hope you like the granola bars and I'm thrilled you were pleased with the blog swap. Look forward to reading the post!

    ReplyDelete