Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving from The Musing Foodie


The older I get, the more sentimental I become. It's as if I understand things better now than when I was younger - I can see the bigger picture, understand the deeper meaning and feel for a situation like it was my own.

I look around me and see people who can't afford a turkey, hear of a family who has just lost a child, watch marriages on the rocks, individuals who are alone, people who will spend their holiday in the hospital and others who would do just about anything for a job.

I could use this post to share my favorite turkey recipe or the ultimate pumpkin pie, explain the difference in using fresh herbs vs. dried and give you a dozen tips on my favorite side dishes...but I'm focusing on more than the meal today.

You see, it doesn't matter if your cranberry sauce comes out of a can or is made fresh. The pumpkin pie can have a store bought crust or come from a box in the freezer section. It's ok if the stuffing is a bit dry or someone forgets to bring half the paper products.

What matters is that you're sitting around a table, surrounded by those you love and giving thanks to God, who is the source of our very being. I wouldn't be where I am today without the goodness of the Lord. He's my constant companion, my ever present help in time of need and my strength...my life. He's blessed me with a loving family, amazing friends, a roof over my head and clothes to wear. I have a refrigerator with food in it that somehow comes together to nourish us. My blessings are too numerous to count and I take no credit for any of it.

Every good and perfect gift comes from above. I am so thankful, my heart overflows. God is good, He is faithful and I love Him!

So whether your meal is on strofoam plates or china, may you have a blessed Thanksgiving. Take time to remember what really matters and enjoy every moment.

Much love,
CC

4 comments:

  1. Love this CC! I'm pretty sure I teared up :)

    AW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen. Thank you, Jesus!!!! Love you, CC
    , and am thankful for YOU! -HPS

    ReplyDelete