Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My New Fav Balsamic Dressing


Happy New Year Friends! Are the last few bars of Auld Lang Syne still wafting through your head? Have you made a list of Resolutions? I personally, have not. I've prayed for God's wisdom and direction in 2012 and am looking forward to all He has in store for me. My seat belt is fastened and the ride has begun!

I've been seeing, hearing, reading and bombarded by blurbs, ads, tv and the like who all encourage weight loss. My jeans are fitting me just fine, so I'm content, but in the event your menu has you seeking salad over lasagna, I wanted to share one delicious dressing that I stumbled upon.

I found a sweet potato recipe that was 80 steps long and as I completed the 79th step, I realized the end result was not worth the effort and the dish wasn't that great. However, there was this balsamic sauce that I gleaned from it and have made it my new favorite salad dressing. It's warm, so it makes a delicious contrast in your mouth with some salad greens. Let's get started!

New Fav Balsamic Dressing
6 T. Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 c. Peach or Mango Chutney (these can be hard to find, so I took a picture of what I used and it was delish!)
2 T. Dijon Mustard
2 T. Honey
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 c. Olive Oil

In a sauce pan, over medium heat, combine all ingredients BUT the olive oil. Whisk ingredients together and allow to heat through, for several minutes.




Once heated, remove saucepan from the heat and whisk in the olive oil. Pour over mixed greens, spinach or your favorite lettuce. I added in some tomato, raisins and onion and it was a fabulous tasty treat.




Cheers to 2012!
CC

(Did I really just start off the year with a post on salad dressing?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment