Thursday, January 5, 2012

Step Aside McMuffins!


While enjoying time off over Christmas and New Years, I found myself making a LOT of big breakfasts. Normally I throw bowls of cereal or some granola bars out, but not over the holidays!

I won't give you step by step instructions on this, as it's really a no brainer. This is moreso a 'hey, I can make that' type of reminder of what to feed your fam for breakfast - when you have some time on your hands.

My McMuffins
Scrambled Eggs seasoned with salt and pepper
Crispy Fried Bacon
2 slices of American Cheese (one for each side of the English Muffin)
English Muffins

My recommendation on this, while you are scrambling eggs and frying bacon, is to spread butter on the inside of each muffin and toast it in the oven. Then you can assemble your ingredients and sit back and wait for the "Mom, you are the best cook EVER" type comments.

Enjoy!
CC

4 comments:

  1. I will want that without cheese please...one to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. An English muffin is a good idea! I hadn't thought of that. What I've done in the past is make breakfast burritos with eggs, cheddar and salsa. I wrap them up in tortillas and put them in gallon bags to store in the freezer. Breakfast on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! How do the eggs hold up being frozen and then unthawed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're just fine. I make them for Doug and he gobbles them up.

    ReplyDelete