Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ready for Valentines Day!


I am one of those people who simply adores Valentine's Day. I love putting valentines together for my children's classmates and teachers. I love going out to dinner with my husband, giving special treats to my kids...it's just a fun day where you want to wear red and eat 5 pounds of chocolate. Forget the cliche of a Hallmark Holiday - I enjoy it to the fullest!

Today I'm giving you a sneak peak at what my sons' valentines will look like for their friends and teachers (if you are one of their teachers, please postpone reading this post until 9:05am on February 14, lest you spoil a suprise coming your way).

Scouring Pinterest, I found a super cute activity where you make your own crayons. We happened to have an abundance of crayons that were broken or neglected and so this project was perfect! My two boys sat around the table with me, helping peel the wrappers off of crayons. I then chopped the crayons to chunks and baked them in a silicone heart mold (you can get these at most craft stores). Baking them at 230 degrees for 15 minutes, and then letting them cool on the counter for another 15ish minutes, the wax formed into these colorful crayons!



So here is the finished product, adding a card with a fun saying (attached with a glue dot).



And I have these fun party bags that were begging for a package of gummies to be added to each.



Put it all together and that is one Valentine I would love to receive!

Now for the teachers...I'm wishing some of them a "Sparkling" Valentines day with sparkling grape juice...amazing what some cellophane and fabric ribbon can do to dress it all up!



For others, I'm wishing them a "Sweet" Valentines Day with a chocolate bar and bottle of lotion. What's not to love?



Planning ahead on these little projects is helping me be stress free the night before when I'll no doubt be baking a zillion cookies or cupcakes.

I hope this helps spark some fun ideas as you plan your own! I'd love to hear what you've come up with!
CC

3 comments:

  1. The crayons were a huge hit at my house, except I had to keep telling Caleb that they were edible! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they were a hit Amy! We had fun making them. :)

    ReplyDelete