Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rice Krispy Cake


Hello Friends!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of helping host a baby shower for one of my dear friends. I was tasked with two things: deviled eggs (which I LOVE to make) and the cake (which I am SCARED to make). It had to be perfect and I was nervous that my cake would taste delicious, but look rather home spun and pathetic. I agonized, researched and contemplated what sort of cake to bake, and then settled on something completely non-traditional and extremely fun. A rice krispy cake!

I made four batches of rice krispy treats and put two batches in two different sized spring-form pans. The decorations were white chocolate dipped strawberries (with a twinge of food coloring to make them pink) and some pink and brown satin ribbon to tie in the theme of the invitation.

It received rave reviews and was a hit! Something fun to consider the next time you are perplexed with a creative cake dilemma.

Have a great afternoon!
CC

2 comments:

  1. As the recipient of this lovely cake, I can attest that it is delightful! I loved the surprise of the rice crispy cake, especially if the food preceding it is heavy. It was tasty AND pretty to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete