Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Smores Bars


It was the final Bible Study of the season and everyone was asked to bring a brunch item to enjoy. I decided upon a layered fudge brownie / chocolate chip cookie amazingness. The problem: I made it the night before and the aroma was so enticing, my husband and I devoured it before I could take it to Bible Study the next day.

Smores Bars to the rescue! I've been eyeing these on Pinterest and put my own twist on them with dazzling results. How easy is it to make a batch of Rice Krispy Treats? Well, use the same concept and these are basically made. You take 1/4 cup of butter and a package of marshmallows and melt them just as you would the traditional recipe, only instead of Rice Krispies - you sub in the same amount (6 c.) of Golden Grahams. Ohhh yes!

Once you pat them into your 9x13 greased pan, sprinkle generously with miniature chocolate chips. They melt a bit since the marsmallowyness is still warm and then you slice them into amazing bars that people ooh and ahh over and wonder why they didn't think of it before.

Enjoy friends - super easy, silly good!
CC

1 comment:

  1. On the money! They WERE silly good! Now yoUbetter share that brownie love you withheld!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete