Friday, May 18, 2012

Just saying hello!

Hello friends! I've missed blogging like crazy and it's not for lack of being in the kitchen. Life has been a whirlwind of days that have me juggling being a wife, mom, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, employee, caterer and friend. In between trying to find one flip-flop that matches the other, wondering where that missing sock is hiding, dashing to school, running errands and helping my best friend plan her dream wedding, I've been in the midst of a move. House hunting, negotiating, temporary housing, house hunting some more. I'm ready to click my heels 3 times and say there's no place like home. I've come to realize that some days you're just going to wear your underwear inside out and backwards, forget to put on deodorant and wear two mismatched shoes. It's on those days that your toddler squeezes Watermelon flavored toothpaste all over the bathroom, your 5 year old comes home with the mother of all stained shirts, a skinned knee and a list for school that has you buying t-shirts and cheese cubes all before 8am the next day and an awards ceremony at 10...but first you need to juice up the camcorder battery and clear your camera's memory card. What box are those in? So, in my adventure of life in general, the most innovative I've gotten in the kitchen is trying a new Quinoa (keen-wah) salad that was amazing...but my camera was packed in a box so I was unable to capture it. I've been leaning on memory preserved recipes since my cookbooks are packed away and in storage. The family has been eating pasta salad with chicken, homemade pizza, roasted chicken, marinated steak and veggie kabobs and lots of ice cream and strawberries with a Capri Sun or two. When I get settled, I promise to write more and include some recipes. Until then, I'm catering a 150 person graduation reception and pondering cake pops for a wedding. 400 of them to be exact. We'll chat more soon! CC

No comments:

Post a Comment