Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Say Hello to Summertime!



Ok, let's face it, we're not ready for the long Memorial Day Weekend to draw to a close. The alarm clock was a painful reminder of our return to reality. I had a fun, family filled, delicious weekend and thought I'd share a bit of it with you.

First, some fun cupcakes I baked for my son's TK graduation. The umbrellas were a huge hit and a fun way to usher in the Summer!





Next, I am all about fresh-from-the-garden salads as part of dinner. Pluck it from the vine (or buy it from the farmer who just did) and it magically appears on your table as a Summer Salad masterpiece with a few slices, dices and your favorite dressing. Feast your eyes on fresh tomatoes, basil, roasted red pepper and mozzarella all marinated in Good Seasonings Italian Salad Dressing. I could have made a meal out of this dish alone.


And finally, corn on the cob that has you begging for more. This particular farmer all but gave us the entire stalk, so I had to do some trim action to get this under control.



My secret to success for corn on the cob is leaving it in the shuck. I peel back the layers, all while rinsing it under cool water to get off any dirt. I remove the cornsilk and slide the shuck back into place.




Whaa-laaah! Place these on the grill rack and grill for 20 or so minutes. The water from rinsing your corn acts as a steaming agent with the shuck and you have the delicious perfection of steamed/grilled corn that longs for a slathering of butter and salt.




Summertime - nothing quite like it!

Have a delicious day!
CC

No comments:

Post a Comment